Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

"Is that mouse going to be there?"

Today was our playgroup day and the destination was Chuck E. Cheese.
I didn't tell Kolton where we were going because I wasn't sure he would want to go.
A long time ago we went to a friend's birthday party there and let's just say it really didn't go smoothly.
He was so excited for the party, but when we got there...well, you know how crazy Chuck E. Cheese can be on a Saturday, right? (I was recently reminded again when I read this blog post: http://stephaniehowell.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/02/oh-sadie-how-i-love-thee-1.html) Oh, how I love Stephanie and her posts-she makes me smile just about daily.
Anyway, it was crazy-there were about 15 parties going, everyone was screaming and running around, parents were shouting, "the mouse" was walking around "scaring everyone." Needless to say we left early and we never went back...until today.
We parked, headed toward the door and then he asked me "Is that mouse going to be in there?"
I said no. Not today. He sleeps in on weekdays.
He accepted my answer and into the front door we went....I am happy to report things went well and here is proof:

We left with a smile, an Airhead, some Nerds and a blue toy truck.
When we got in the car he said "That was the best day in the history."

2 comments:

  1. Mom and I just read this and are still laughing.
    We are surprised by his memeory or recall of things, events, etc.

    We miss these things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mouse is a savage!

    ReplyDelete