Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Love This...

"Every Child Is A Story Yet To Be Told"
I saw it here.
I started reading this blog when I found out they did this:
It's amazing.
If you click on my above link you can read 26 stories about real, determined, loving adoptive families who are doing everything they possibly can to bring their next child home.
I love to read the stories.
I love the stories because they make me reflect on my family's journey to adoption.
And they make me believe even more in our dream to have more children.
One of the best gifts I've ever been given in life is my son.

I can't imagine life without him-he is precious, sweet, strong-willed, determined, curious, funny, independent, smart, athletic, imaginative and one of the best things that has ever happened to me and my husband.
Today I registered my son for Kindergarten-I've had friends who were emotional when this happened and I thought to myself "Who would ever be so emotional over such a known event?"
Little did I know that tears would come to my eyes when I drove toward the school.
How did my sweet baby boy grow to be this big so quickly?
I think back to when he was a tiny baby-so fresh and new-trying to pick up cheerios from the tray on his high chair.
I often wondered what his story would be, where life would take him.
Only five short years in and I know this:
He loves playing video games.
He likes to sing, but only at school-if I sing he tells me to be quiet.
He wants to play basketball and he dribbles better than some kids twice his age.
He hates going to bed at night knowing we're watching shows without him.
If you ask him for a hug he will immediately drop everything and run to you.
He LOVES his grandparents to the moon and back-he asks frequently about driving to the mountains or taking an airplane to New Hampshire.
He talks about his cousin Kayla a lot-when he does something funny he wants me to take a picture and "text it to Kayla."
He has a lot of friends at school-Ethan, Callan, Austin, Corinne and Hayden.
He talks so loud it is almost unbearable-no matter how many times I tell him he still shouts.
He can tolerate a lot-he is strong.
He is like Mommy-he tries to convince us of something he wants without saying what it is=circular logic at its best.
He has a hole in the left knee of every pair of pants he owns...is this normal?
Spiderman, Hulk and Big Foot are his heroes.
He loves Mohawks.
He wants me to add that he LOVES Batman toys.
He always wants Happy Meals on Wednesday nights after school-simply because Wednesday is Share Day and at least one of his friends shares some type of McDonalds toy. He mostly wants them for the toy-but he will eat the cheeseburger in the car on the way home.
Every once in a while he asks about Peja (our border collie) in Heaven.
Our boy loves cranberry juice.
We are blessed to be his parents and I thank God for him every single day.

Please go visit one of my favorite blogs: Filled With Praise.
You can read about other families who are as blessed as we are.

1 comment: